Thursday, May 21, 2009

What a busy few months

I have not posted since January 2!! Wow, I thought I posted since then. oh well..... Another semester has come and gone which means I have 1 more year before I graduate with my Bachelor Degree, YEAH! This past semester was a tough one. It seemed like I was always playing catch up with one class or another. I never did get in the flow and it drove me crazy all semester long. It was also by far my favorite semester, so go figure!

My oldest son is also in school pursuing his degree in Psychology. I suggested that he move back home when he finishes his Doctorate and we could have a mother-son practice!! Yes, I said Doctorate. He is young enough to get that. I don't think I will go that far because as it is by the time I finish my Masters I will be 50!! That is good enough for me. Anyway my son lives in Houston so I doubt he will move back to my little town, but it is good to dream! ;)

We have decided to put our two youngest children in private school. They have been accepted into our second choice already and are on the waiting list for our first choice. Hopefully they will have an opening for them by the Fall. If they do not I will be happy with where they will be.

Gillian is not too happy about changing schools because she has her friend base. I explained to her that she could have both knowing that as she makes new friends the others will either fade into the past or be life long friends. Either way it will work itself out. Michael on the other hand is so laid back he is excited about something new. I like that they will still both be together for a few more years. Had they stayed in Public School they would have been split up after this year, but in their private school they will be together another three years.

Last but certainly not least, my hubby Michael Sr. is doing fantastic. He loves his job and his life. He is one of only a handful of people that I have met in my life that truly says he can find no complaints about life. How cool is that?

On a sad note. I lost a very dear friend this past April. Sue, she was barely 40 years old. She fought valiantly for over ten years this horrid beast we call Breast Cancer. In all those 10 years she stayed so positive. I have always said the same thing about Sue to anyone that would listen that when she came into a room there was just this special Aura around her. I have only seen that in one other person in my life. I am not an overly religious person, but I believe these two individuals truly had something extra that they were put on Earth for. I am not sure what, but both of them touched my heart in a way that forever changed me. My dear friend Sue may you rest in peace and may Tim and the boys have some peace of mind knowing that you are finally free and in Gods loving arms.

What can I follow that with other than to say I have missed writing on here. Hopefully I will write another post sooner than four months down the road this time!!! I do have some summer classes so I will be staying pretty busy with that and of course my two little rug rats!

Stay positive, stay happy, stay safe.
Cindy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't wait another 4 month before posting again. I enjoy keeping up with your life.
I am sorry about your friend
Sabine