Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July 22 Tuesday Morning

Between the Orthodontist, Periodontist, and the Dentist I am beginning to get a major complex. Every time I go to them they tell me how such wonderful strong teeth I have, but I still have to have all of this work done on them. My smoking took its toll on them. Even though I have strong teeth the smoking damaged them severely. Although you can't see it with the naked eye I have bone loss. I also have little to no enamel left so I have to now brush with this special toothpaste that supposedly helps replace some of the enamel. We will see. All my fault I know. Hey, at least I quit smoking almost a year ago. Hopefully they won't get any worse.

Today I went and had my upper permanent retainer removed so that tomorrow morning my dentist can fill a cavity and replace another filling that another dentist put in a few years back and really screwed up. Then back over to my orthodontist to have my retainer put back on.

Thank god we have really great dental insurance. I can't imagine trying to do all of this work I have done in the past month while paying for it out of pocket. Do I really want to start talking about insurance? Not really because that is a whole other blog in itself.

Now I have to brag on my kids. I told them before we went this morning that they better behave. I also told them that we could go to QT afterwards if they behaved. They were awesome. They took their book and their DS games and I didn't hear a peep out of either one of them. Of course my orthodontist doesn't mind them tagging along because he sees the future dollar signs!!!

Just another day in the life of Cindy! See, I told you that I could be boring. I like boring :)

No comments: