Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 24 I don't like the word CAMP

It's Thursday Morning and I am really beginning to stress about Gillian going off to camp. I really do not want her to go. She is my baby. I waited many many years to have my little girl and now she is going off to camp. I don't know how parents can just send their kids off to camp. I know I am just being over protective as usual, but must I say it again? She is my little girl. The scary thing is that she is growing up on me. She is 10 going on 20. She is really excited about going. It is an Art camp and she is my little Artsy girl. I know in my heart she will have a wonderful time, but I won't be there at night to kiss her or tuck her in. Okay, I don't tuck her in anymore, but I could if she were here with me. I am just going to breath and relax and drive here there this Sunday and with a smile on my face and sunglasses on (to hide the tears) I will wave to her and be right there the following Friday first in line to pick her up.

Michael still has all these plans on what he is going to do around here without big sister to boss him around. He is really cute when he talks about it with her. She is even giving him suggestions!!! So, in essence she is still bossing him around. She is just doing it in advance!! He is taking the bait. Bless his little heart he just does not have the cognitive skills that she has yet. One day he will and watch out big sis!!

I know I am talking a lot about my kids today, but they go back to school in three weeks! We only have three weeks left to sleep in, lay around and read books, swim, go out to eat fatty junk food etc... And of course my favorite: We all pile up in my bed, with popcorn and we watch a movie and just hang out together.

On the other hand, I am excited that they are going back to school because then I get to go back to school too. I also get to go meet up with my girlfriends for lunch and hang with them without all of our kids interrupting. We get to gossip and just relax. Yes, Jules I said gossip!!!! ;) :)

Well folks that is it for another blog. Hope you enjoyed because I smiled and reminisced about our summer just a little. Now I am going to jump in the middle of my daughters bed and wake her up so we can play. :)

No comments: